Coronavirus (COVID-19) Antibody Venous Test. You must book an appointment and come to the laboratory in Guildford to have a venous sample for this test. There is a £20 fee to be paid at the lab for the venous sample to be taken. Please select this option at the checkout stage.
- The name and date of birth on the account must be correct for the person performing coming to the laboratory. If you order more than one on a single account, we will simply refund the additional purchases. Should your friends and family wish to order this test from us, they will need to set up a separate account in their name with their date of birth and place the order directly with us. We cannot process results for an individual who does not have an account on our site.
- To be performed 20 days after your first symptoms.
Laboratory test to detect IgG antibodies in your blood. You must take your sample at least 20 days after your first symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) or you will need to confirm a negative result after 20 days.
The antibody test uses In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Medical Devices. We have selected Eurofins County Pathology, one of the UK’s best private pathology laboratories to ensure the quality of your results.
The manufacturer states in its validation study the test detected antibodies in 100% of confirmed coronavirus cases when the sample was taken at least 14 days after symptoms first developed. The test produced a negative result in 99.6% of samples from people who did not have the infection in the same study. This study was conducted on venous blood samples (sample taken from a vein in the arm).
This test may not accurately detect antibodies in people who have compromised immune systems. This is because their antibody response may be slower or weakened. These people may have immunodeficiency diseases, infections such as HIV, or be taking medications that suppress the immune system. This may affect the reported results.
What is an antibody test?
An antibody test detects whether you have had coronavirus (COVID-19) before and have subsequently recovered.
If I take the antibody test within less than 20 days of my symptoms starting, will the antibody test still work?
You must take your test at least 20 days after you first experience coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms to ensure the test is as accurate as possible.
Will I be able to obtain a Coronavirus (COVID-19) immunity certificate if my test is positive?
We are still waiting for the UK government to provide guidance on whether immunity certificates will be used and, if so, which tests will apply. We will update this as and when we have further information from the UK government on this point.
Steps you can take to protect yourself and prevent the spread of COVID-19
• Keep up to date of the latest information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak (useful sources below)
• Follow the advice on the NHS website on ‘How to stop infection spreading’
• Complete the NHS coronavirus status tracker here. This survey will help the NHS understand more about how and where coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting people currently.
Useful sources of information
Age and account information
Once you have created an account with us, your orders and test results will be linked to your account. If your friends and family want to order a blood test from us, they will need to set up their own account and place the order directly with us.