Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
About Blood Test Company Limited (Blood Test Company)
- We are registered as a UK limited company
- Registration number: 12151689
- Registered office: 5 Chase Plain, Hindhead, Surrey, GU26 6BZ
- We are registered with the UK’s data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration number: ZA735968
- Our Data Protection Officer is Josh Wreford. You can contact Josh by email at [email protected] or post at 5 Chase Plain, Hindhead, Surrey, GU26 6BZ
Your contract with Blood Test Company
- You are able to place an order with us via our Website. We ask that you ensure the data you provide when placing your order with us is accurate, to enable us to provide you with the correct test and deliver it to your correct address.
- When you purchase a test kit via our Website, you are providing Blood Test Company, our laboratories and our doctors with your consent to perform and analyse the tests you have ordered.
- We take payment from you when you place your order from us.
- Once you have placed your order, we will process it our end and provide you with a confirmation email.
- Your contract with Blood Test Company Limited will be formed at the time we send you a confirmation email.
- If we are unable to process your order, we will inform you as soon as possible via email and will not send you a confirmation email. All amounts paid will be refunded and you will be free to continue to select an alternative test.
- Our test kits are valid for 6 months from the date we post your kit to you (“Testing Window”). Should you fail to return your test kit to our laboratory within the Testing Window, your test kit will expire and we will be unable to offer you a refund.
- Should your test kit arrive damaged, please email us and we will send you a replacement kit as soon as possible.
- Where we provide you with specific instructions for completing your test, you must follow these to ensure the results we provide you with are reliable and accurate.
- Please return your kit within the Testing Window. Should you fail to return your test kit to our laboratory within the Testing Window, your test kit will expire and we will be unable to offer you a refund.
- If you lose or damage your test kit, please let us know. We will require a £8 replacement kit to cover the cost of an additional kit and we’ll send this out to you after payment has been received.
Your test results
- Test results provided by our laboratories and comments provided by our doctors are for the purposes of information. While test results may provide you with an insight into your current health and assist you with gaining a better understanding of how your body is currently working, test results and not intended to constitute a medical diagnosis or provide you with medical investigation.
- Within the test results and comments provided by our doctors, we may recommend that you visit your GP for further investigation and/ or conduct further testing to gain a better understanding of your results and what they mean for you.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) antibody testing
This section applies to all orders for a coronavirus (COVID-19) antibody test placed with us:
By purchasing a coronavirus (COVID-19) antibody test from the Blood Test Company, you confirm the following:
- You have read the guidelines set out by the Care Quality Commission found here and the Government’s Guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19) tests and testing kits found here
- You accept that antibody tests for coronavirus (COVID-19) are still in development.
- You agree to the test sensitivity and specificity, being 100% and 99.6% respectively, which have been provided to us by our trusted laboratory, Eurofins County Pathology and been determined by the method manufacturer based on venous samples
- You agree our chosen laboratory has conducted their own tests with the test sensitivity and specificity, being 98.5% and 99.5% respectively, based on a combination of finger prick and venous samples
- You agree our liability to you will be limited in accordance with the above section ‘Our liability to you’.
- Prices for our tests will change over time, but changes will not impact on any orders you’ve planned.
- Our prices are inclusive of VAT.
Samples and Test Results
- Our laboratories will only person the tests you have purchased from us on the samples you provide.
- There are rare occasions where our laboratories are unable to test samples sent to them. This can be for a variety of reasons, but where this happens we will provide you with a replacement test kit free of charge.
- Samples will be destroyed by our laboratories after testing.
- Each test on our Website has set turnaround time for the laboratory to work towards.
- Where you order your test kit from our Website before 3pm, we will endeavour to post the kit out to you the same day. Should you order your test kit from us after 3pm, we will endeavour to post the kit out to you the following day.
Cancellations and Refunds
- You are able to cancel your order with us at any time before we post your kit to you for a full refund.
- You are able to cancel your order within 30 days from us posting your kit to you. We will issue you with a refund, less £8, which represents the cost of the test kit.
- All cancellation requests should be sent by email to [email protected].
- All refunds will be issued to the card used to make payment.
Our liability to you
- Our total liability to you will be limited to the total value of your order with us, meaning the price paid for your test kit. Any test kits you purchase from our Website are for your own personal use and not intended for wider distribution. We will therefore not be liable to you for any loss of business/ revenue, loss of business opportunity or loss of profits.
- We will not be liable to you for any losses, costs sustained, delay, inconvenience or damage sustained as a result of any of the following:
- Any injury you sustain as a result of completing the finger-prick test
- Any loss or damage that is not foreseeable at the time when you place your order with us
- Any event outside of our control that affects our ability to perform our obligations to you under our contract with you
- Your failure to follow our instructions in relation to the sample collection, including in relation
- Your failure to return your sample within the Validity Period
- Your failure to follow any advice we may give you, for example, should we or our doctors recommend you seek medical advice after having completed one of our tests
- Should you receive an unusual or out of range test result, your failure to seek medical advice from your GP or doctors
- Delays in the test kit reaching you
- Delays in the sample being processed by our laboratory
- Delays in your test results being available to you
- Your sample being lost or damaged in the post
- Your results being unavailable, for example, as a result of the laboratory being unable to successfully complete your test
Updates to these T&Cs
- We will update these T&Cs from time to time. The current live version of these T&Cs that appears on our Website at the time of you placing your order will be the applicable contractual T&Cs. We therefore recommend you review these T&Cs each time you place an order with us to ensure you are happy with them.
- The contract in place is between you and Blood Test Company. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the contractual terms whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Each paragraph of these T&Cs are separate and as such, should a Court find that any of these paragraphs are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in force.
- These T&Cs are governed by English law and you and Blood Test Company agree that the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you have any concerns, questions, compliments or ideas, please do get in touch with us at [email protected]. We ask that you email us from your email account linked with your Blood Test Company account so that we can easily identify you and address any questions you may have quickly.
- We do not have a customer service phone number to ensure all of your queries are documented in writing.